Saturday, March 1, 2014

I'm 17 and got my 15 year old girlfriend pregnant , could I go to jail? legal age of consent in Texas


                                      

Question:

I'm 17 and got my 15 year old girlfriend pregnant, could I go to jail?


I'm 17,live in Texas, and got my 15 year old girlfriend pregnant, could I go to jail? I turn 18 in two months. I have been with her for about two years now,but her parents might press charges.

Answer:
You need to tell your parents as soon as possible and set a time to meet up with the other family to discuss how the situation is going to be handled. 

Legally, the father of your girlfriend would have to consent to her being married at such a young age. 

There are other options such as adoption to consider too. 

However, if you are within three years of age from the other party it is a defense to sexual assault. 

Be smart, man up and talk to your family and determine how you want to handle this. If the two of you can not provide for this child there are people that could provide your child with a very good life. 

There are adoption centers or you could go through or a private attorney may donate their services to take care of the process if you didn't want to deal with an adoption center. 

I do wish you, your girlfriend and your child the best. This situation will work out. 


Submit your own Legal Question Today!
Texas Trial Lawyer

24 Hour Emergency
903-593-9100



No comments:

Post a Comment